Monday 9 April 2007

A Birthday, An Answer, and A Break?

Well, it's the first day of spring break here for my school, and I am ready to do absolutely nothing! Sadly though, I won't. Sure enow, I have history honors. Basically, I will be writing seven to eight near one-page papers on seven to eight USA TODAY newspaper articles. Luckily, I only have seven to eight articles. It started at a good, healthy TWENTY-SEVEN articles. Then it kindly fell to twelve, and I was able to finish four and half of one already, so, now I only have seven >_> or eight left. I had the chance to go to the beach, and all sorts of other stuff, but sadly, my spring break is consisting solely of these bloody articles. More of that, "You see what I do for ye MIT!" stuff. I did get to enjoy my birthday so far though. So far, I got about $90, three shirts, a 2 GB memory card for my camera, and a 2 GB USB memory thing. Ahh, seventeen finally. I can legally drive anytime......yeah that's about it...hmm...well, there's only one and a half more years 'til college too. MIT seems to be playing games with me,

"The deadline to apply for freshman admission to MIT has passed for entry year 2007. The online application for entry year 2008 will be available in late summer."
Bah, I'm still kinda pulling for May 2 to see it come out, but I don't think I'll see that happening soon, so I'm posing a question to anyone from MIT to answer. When was the soonest you remember the online application being ready to fill in? Because as it is, I will most likely refresh every hour of every day starting on May 2 until it comes out. Arg. Now for an answer for MY FIRST RESPONDER [rofl, OK ya'll have to understand, I never thought anyone would care enow to read this] and they're from MIT too!!

Tuan writes:

"Hi there! I was reading the comments left on one of the MIT student blogs and I noticed that you found out about MIT through an anime. I sort of did too actually! Hahahahahaha. What a coincidence. The anime influenced me somewhat, and I ended applying to MIT during my senior year just because. Sort of like, "oh hey, let's just apply to MIT." I didn't even really intend to until two months before the application due date. And now, I'm a student here. Hahahahaha. Anyway, I just thought it was funny that you found out about MIT through an anime too. I hope you get in next year. If you have questions about anything concerning MIT, I'll be glad to answer them, or at least try to. Hahaha.

Btw, was the anime Gundam Seed?"
Actually I heard about MIT through the anime podcast known as The NinjaConsultants Podcast [linked to site on side]. Episode 22B was a discussion about some things at the AnimeBoston anime convention, and one of the hosts, Noah, discusses MIT, and some MIT anime club members for about five minutes from the 15th minute to the 20th. Even though it was five minutes, it really made me wonder about this awesome "MIT" that was referenced. I ended up searching for it, found the MIT/MIT Undergrad admissions site [the first version], and later ended up realizing that it was truly my perfect match. As for being exposed to MIT, I had actually been exposed early in my life. When I was younger, I used to watch a show called Tenchi Muyo! One of the characters was called Washu. Now Washu was one of these, not-so-evil, mad-scientist gals, and she was cool. Well after the show went into like its third or fourth spin-off, I didn't watch it as much and Cartoon Network soon dropped it. But on to the focus of this, Washu. Turns out, Washu [Reminder: Washu is a fictional character in an awesome anime] graduated from MIT when she was 11. Hmmm...if only.

As for the whole, "oh hey, let's just apply to MIT," all I can honestly say is O_O!!!!! I wish I could just go "Oh yeah, let's just do it for the fun of it," ROFL, I love your hmmm... spontaneousness [there could most likely be a better word here], but still, all I can say is WOW. Thanks for being my first response and for the well wishes on my road to Cambridge [mentioned in tonight's Jeopardy episode]. I wish everyone well, and my computer's still messing up. Hope I can post again soon. Jya' Ne.

No comments: